Kloxo (Lxadmin) is one of the advanced open source and free web hosting control panel for RHEL / CentOS 5.x (32-Bit) distribution, currently not supported for 6.x. This lightweight web panel included all the leading control panel features such as FTP, PHP, MYSQL,Perl, CGI, Apache Spam Filter and much more.
- CentOS 5 Support
- Integrates with billing software such as AWBS, WHMCS and HostBill
- Kloxo HostinABox: Feature Complete web hosting platform that uses 10MB RSS.
- Kloxo Enterprise: distributed hosting platform.
- View, Search and Manage your entire hosting, and every domain from a single page.
- Lxguard, advanced intrusion detection management interface.
- Supports apache/lighttpd, djbdns/bind and pure-ftpd
- On the fly Switch between applications
- Scale to million hits per day, using fastcgi
- Advanced Backup/Restore
- Upgrade from HostInABox to Enterprise without re-installing
- Parked/Redirected Domains
- Integrated RoR
1) A dedicated or virtual server running CentOS or Red Hat EL 5.x. CentOS 6.x is not currently supported.
2) At least 256 MB of RAM (enough to run Yum).
3) At least 2 GB of free disk space for Kloxo and related services.
4) If you partitioned your disks manually, make sure you have a large /tmp. Kloxo uses /tmp to create and store backups temporarily and the process will fail if there is not enough space.
Install Kloxo on RHEL/CentOS 5.x 32 bit
You have to disable SELinux by editing /etc/sysconfig/selinux and changing the line to selinux=disabled. This will keep SELinux from being enabled on your server next boot.
Then you must run the following command as root to disable SELinux for the current session:
# su - root # setenforce 0
If you are unsure this procedure worked, you can run /usr/sbin/sestatus to check its status. Failure to correctly disable SELinux will render your Kloxo install useless and an OS reload may be required to properly reinstall it.
Also, make sure the ports 7778/tcp and 7777/tcp are open in your server firewall or you won’t be able to connect to Kloxo web panel when the install completes.
Kloxo installation consists of downloading kloxo-installer.sh from download.lxcenter.org and executing it as root. The script will present you with a few questions and sometimes ask for a password (enter your root password).
If you don’t have MySQL server already installed, you must run:
# su - root # yum install -y wget # wget http://download.lxcenter.org/download/kloxo/production/kloxo-installer.sh
To install as Master (Default Single Server):
# sh ./kloxo-installer.sh --type=master
To install as Slave:
# sh ./kloxo-installer.sh --type=slave
If you already have MySQL installed and set a root password, you must run:
# su - root # yum install -y wget # wget http://download.lxcenter.org/download/kloxo/production/kloxo-installer.sh # sh ./kloxo-installer.sh --type=<master/slave> --db-rootpassword=PASSWORD
Once kloxo is installed, you can connect to http://YOUR_SERVER_IP:7778 and you will be presented with a login screen. Login as admin with password admin and once you are in, Kloxo will ask you to change the default password to a secure one.