Install Viber on Debian/Ubuntu and Linux Mint 64 bit
What is Viber?
Viber is a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) client that allows users to send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, anywhere in the world. Viber allows you to syncs your contacts and messages with your mobile device.
- Text, photo and sticker messages
- Group conversations
- Call any Viber user for free
- Full sync between your mobile and your Linux
- Transfer ongoing calls between your mobile and your desktop
- No registration, passwords or invitations required
Note: Viber is currently available only on 64bit platforms, so no 32bit install
~$ wget http://download.cdn.viber.com/cdn/desktop/Linux/viber.deb ~$ sudo dpkg -i viber.deb ~$ sudo apt-get -f install
Start Viber and go through the activation process to install the application on your mobile phone.