Install TeamViewer 10 on Debian/Ubuntu based Linux systems
TeamViewer is a proprietary computer software package for remote control, desktop sharing, online meetings, web conferencing and file transfer between computers. Versions are available for the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, Windows RT, Windows Phone 8 and BlackBerry operating systems. It is also possible to access a machine running TeamViewer with a web browser. While the main focus of the application is remote control of computers, collaboration and presentation features are included.
In this article we will teach you how to install TeamViewer 10 on Debian/Ubuntu based Linux distributions.
What’s new on TeamViewer 10
- Performance optimization: CPU Usage, HD voice transmission quality, faster logins.
- Centralized setting possible: All the settings possible through a centralized management console.
- Master whitelist: To allow only the authorized users reducing administrative overheads.
- Conversation history and Chat groups
- Improved image and video quality along with one-click video calls
- You can now put your Display picture to easily get identified in the friends list.
- Real-time session notes: To note down something important while the session is ongoing.
- Idle session timeout: You need not worry about the idle sessions as they will be closed automatically after a timeout.
- Easy file sharing: Integrated with Google drive and Dropbox.
- The whiteboard: To make the knowledge transfer more efficient.
Install TeamViewer 10
Install TeamViewer 10 on 32 Bit systems:
$ sudo apt-get install gdebi -y $ wget download.teamviewer.com/download/version_10x/teamviewer_linux.deb $ sudo gdebi teamviewer_linux.deb
Install TeamViewer 10 on 64 Bit systems:
$ sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386 $ sudo apt-get update $ sudo apt-get install gdebi -y $ wget download.teamviewer.com/download/version_10x/teamviewer_linux.deb $ sudo gdebi teamviewer_linux.deb
That is all!